UI Level One
The opening page:
Issues to consider:
- Branding - is the company name
clear and strong, without overpowering the main feature?
- Purpose of site: do we know what
the company/organization is all about?
- Navigation - is there a consistent
system in place that users can identify? Is it compact yet legible?
- Labeling: is the navigation well-labled?
- Primary feature - is it compelling?
Text and imagery work together?
- More complex sites usually offer
several special promotional features
- banner and/or other sized ads.
Technique for aligning text elements
on this page:
First, lock all the layers together.
Next, go to Layers>Align linked.
This is similar to the Align palette in Illustrator, but without a visual cue
to show you the results, it can be confusing to predict the results. I found
it somewhat less useful with type, because ascenders and descenders are affected.